Monday, June 10, 2019

Bringing this site up to speed

Wow. Nearly 3 years have passed since my last blog post.

It's been crazy: between the birth of my son, finishing my Hon B.A. degree, and seeing Battle Princess Madelyn through to its release on Steam, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One (including a mega-huge update earlier this year), life has been pretty much a constant crunch.

Seeing so many people playing and enjoying our games has always been an amazing feeling, but especially so with BPM because it was created for a really important purpose: Chris' daughter Maddi (the real Madelyn). Seeing her holding copies of her game, and hearing how proud of it she was, is what made all the hard work worth it, and it wouldn't have been possible without all the support (both on Kickstarter, and from social media) that Chris and I and our team received.

I'm really proud of what we've done with the game, and can't wait to see the amazing art and game ideas Chris has in the future.

For myself, I do have some exciting news: I've accepted a position at a local tech company that is showing some massive growth, so that also means I'll be leaving behind commercial games development for the foreseeable future.

What does it mean for I Had Hope? Well, it never really made it to a commercial status, so part of me is tempted to see what I can do with it in combination with my Oculus Quest, the best VR headset I've had yet (comparing to Rift CV1 and Dell Visor WMR and 3DOF ones like Oculus GO), and continue it in a freeware or maybe even open source sense.

Otherwise, I do plan to continue to tinker with some small hobby projects, especially VR and AR art works, but I'll be doing so from my new professional page instead: https://www.davenbigelow.com/

I'll leave this site to go back to its original purpose: Keeping up to date on I Had Hope news...and parking a ToS / privacy policy for app submissions haha!

Thanks again for stopping by to read this, looking forward to the adventures ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment